Re: Individuals with more than one rdf:type

From: ben syverson <w3@likn.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:51:31 -0500
Cc: Richard Newman <r.newman@reading.ac.uk>
To: semantic-web@w3.org

On Sep 19, 2006, at 7:46 PM, Richard Newman wrote:

> RDF types are not object oriented classes. RDF instances are not
> objects. They do not inherit anything in the OO sense.

Got it -- "inherit" is a dirty word. The issue I'm dealing with is
that the internal model of my application is indeed more closely
related to the OO class/object model, so I'm trying to figure out the
most useful way to publish that information as RDF documents and OWL
ontologies.

For example, classes can have properties in likn, and I'm trying to
determine a good way to represent that in RDF/OWL. My current plan is
to simply copy out the properties of a class to its individuals when
serializing to RDF/XML. I don't know of a better way to represent,
for example, the concept "all individuals of the class CocaColaCans
have the property 'color' with the value Red."

Any suggestions?

- ben syverson
likn.org