Re: Linking Geonames RDF to INSEE RDF - rdfs:seeAlso, rdfs:isDefinedBy, owl:sameAs ... what else?

Hi!

I'll just add a little note, as the same issue occured to me when I
first saw geonames, a very useful resource indeed. I will follow with
interest what others will recommend, just note something that is
slightly tangential.

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 10:32, you wrote:
>  And moreover, since owl:sameAs is
> symmetrical, it adds semantics to INSEE resources that they have not
> endorsed and may disagree with.

As it is possible to make any assertion about any resource and the
relationship between them, I do not think that it is very important to
consider whether INSEE, in this case, agrees with your assertion. I
think it is important to make assertions that you can stand by, and to
make it easy to agents to verify who made the assertion. It becomes the
agent's responsibility to decide whether or not to trust the assertion.

By doing your best to make valid assertions, agents will hopefully learn
to trust you. And this trust thing is a big issue overall... :-)

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer