Translating from FOPL to DL

From: Matt Williams <matthew.williams@cancer.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:07:33 +0000
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Pellet <pellet-users@lists.mindswap.org>, jena-dev@yahoogroups.com

Dear All,

I have seen the translation (pi) from DL to FOPL (e.g. in DL Handbook).
I am trying to work out how to do the reverse for a very limited subset
of FOPL (just terms with constants and variables). I'm having a few
problems with handling the variables in properties. E.g:

A(x) => A

is ok, but:

R(x,y) => \exists R.

seems to wrong.

Has anyone seen/ done anything like this already?

Thanks,

Matt

P.S. Apologies for cross-posting - not sure of the most appropriate
forum for this.
--
http://acl.icnet.uk/~mw
http://adhominem.blogsome.com/