W3C Mission as it relates to the Semantic Web Initiative

From: Alex Piner <alexpi@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 03:02:57 -0700
To: semantic-web@w3.org

All,

As I was going to suggest having an ontology of W3C in 3D/2D SVG for
the upcoming spreadthesemanticweb.com , I had a few questions arise.

Does the entire scope of the W3C Mission fall under the rubric of the
Semantic Web Initiative?

Is anything "outside", or ancillary?

The best I could see about W3C structure was this:

Activities
          - Domains
                   - Working Groups

It would be very nice to see an SVG version, with interconnections, as
I am striving for a "wholistic view" of W3C and Semantic Web.

The big question is, is everything being orchestrated into a Semantic
Web? , or is there "something else".

best,

Alex