Re: need for open development of business object ontology?

Is anyone maintaining a hierarcy of ontologies?  Even attempting a complete
list?  I've searched some...

--G

On Thursday 12 October 2006 08:51, william wu wrote:
> AJ.
>
>   I am in complete agreement with you.  For Semantic Web to become reality,
it is essential to have common ontologies.  There are many XML schema out
there published by many organizations.  They can be our starting point.

>   William Wu
>

> AJ Chen <canovaj@gmail.com> wrote:
>   I see upgrade of business web site to take advantage of the emerging
semantic web is a good application. It could become a potential driver for
enterprises to publish data in semantic format. I also believe that wide
adoption of such semantic upgrade requires a community-supported ontology,
which ideally comes out of W3C. I would like to ask if any of you is
interested in participating in developing such an ontology for enterprise web
site. I guess it may trigger W3C to consider it as a potential task if there
are sufficient interests. So, please make your voice heard regarding semantic
web site ontology.