Re: Why JSON?

That one line puts a Javascript object into the variable 'mine' that
corresponds to the JSON you serialised. You can walk it with normal
Javascript . accessors, rather than attempting to parse the XML or
somesuch. The 'eval' line takes the input as text, and the Javascript
parser turns it into actual objects -- JavaScript Object Notation =
JSON.

If you're working with Javascript, Ruby, or a host of other languages
(json.org), JSON is vastly easier and less verbose than XML. If it
fits the problem domain, use it.

-R