Re: Why JSON?

From: Richard Newman <r.newman@reading.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 18:34:46 -0700
Cc: "Hans Teijgeler" <hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl>, "SW-forum" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "Paap, Onno" <onno.paap@gmail.com>
To: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@mitre.org>
That one line puts a Javascript object into the variable 'mine' that
corresponds to the JSON you serialised. You can walk it with normal
Javascript . accessors, rather than attempting to parse the XML or
somesuch. The 'eval' line takes the input as text, and the Javascript
parser turns it into actual objects -- JavaScript Object Notation =
JSON.

If you're working with Javascript, Ruby, or a host of other languages
(json.org), JSON is vastly easier and less verbose than XML. If it
fits the problem domain, use it.

-R