Re: Controlled Vocabularies Aid Translation and Content Management

Karl --

Interesting numbers.

But surely, the key point is that though many US residents speak Spanish,
Chinese and so forth at home, they mostly speak at least some English at
work.

The international air traffic control system comes to mind -- I believe that
all communication is in English.

However, that  still leaves some room for misunderstandings.  I recall a
story about a European pilot holding over JFK.  He said calmly several times
to air traffic control that he was running out of fuel.  They took no notice
till it was almost too late, because they expected something like that to be
shouted in urgent tones, perhaps with a few expletives.

So, how is this relevant to w3c?  Well maybe there should be a set of tags
sunset from up here</green>.  Perhaps such tags already exist?

                            Cheers,   -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic (R)
Executable open vocabulary English
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com