Sparql Question -- re D2R Server publishing the DBLP Bibliography

From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 10:16:53 -0500
To: chris@bizer.de
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org, semantic_web@googlegroups.com
Chris --

Thanks for making a sparql endpoint with significant data available [1].

A naive sparql question please.

In the paper [2] , there are some test questions for rdf query systems.
These questions can be answered by a system that supports closed world
negation [3].

However, I believe that sparql lacks this kind of negation.

So I'm wondering please whether it is possible to write in sparql queries
equivalent to

     Q1  show me the name of a person who is missing from the list of
authors of a publication from fu-berlin

     Q2  show me the names of people who are on the list of authors of every
publication from fu-berlin

Thanks for your thoughts about this, in particular, actual sparql queries.

                                                               -- Adrian

[1]  www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/dblp/

[2] A Comparison of RDF Query Languages, by Peter Haase et al,
       http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/pha/rdf-query

[3]  www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/RDFQueryLangComparison1.agent

Internet Business Logic (R)
Executable open vocabulary English