Re: IRC Meeting about "People in RDF" - vCard/RDF, FOAF, and more 11:00 ET Friday #swig

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Harry Halpin wrote:

> Everyone,
>
>     There's currently at least two representations of "people" in RDF,
> FOAF[1] and vCard/RDF[2] (updated by Norm Walsh[3]).  There may be more
> - what else is out there? I do remember some people in the life sciences
> also having a representation for people, but I can't find a URI for it.
>
>     It would be great for the Semantic Web to attempt to make sure
> vCard/RDF maps in some standard manner to FOAF and vice versa, and also
> think about compatibility between both those efforts and microformats.
> For those in the Interest Group who would like to focus on this effort,
> please drop by #swig [4] at 11:00 EST this Friday Nov 3rd. Hope to see
> some of you there!

I think this is

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=3&month=11&year=2006&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=179

(for those of you in different timezones).

I'll be travelling but this sounds like an interesting topic.

Libby