newbie FAQ

From: <dan@shadowcats.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 19:18:14 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3.org

If I tell an RDFS reasoner only this much, plus the proper
name space declarations (all using XML syntax if I must) ...

   :foo rdfs:domain :bar .

.... I expect it to infer that :foo is an rdf:Property and :bar
is an rdfs:class.  Please say if I'm wrong here.  Otherwise:

Q1) Instead of troubling *you* to confirm, what solid reasoner(s)
now exist on the public web that I might have easily asked?

Q2) For your favorite free one, how would I phrase my questions?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.  I suspect many SW newbies
would welcome such practical startup tips :-)

-- dan