Re: [ontac-forum] Semantics and Ontology ? and semiotics?

Azamat
thanks a lot for the interesting and detailed exposition below, from
which I learn

Maybe because I have studied with a leading semiologist ( Umberto Eco),
but I would argue that what you refer to in parts of your definition
below woudl be best called semiotics (science of signes and symbols) and
not semantics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiotics

To me semantics is the meaning of words, and semiotis is the meaning of
non verbal communication, ie signs and symbols
Please correct me where I am wrong,

Paola Di Maio