Re: Semantic Layers (Was Interpretation of RDF reification)

John,

> Eventually, we are planning to make the FMF platform available
> as open source software and to make a business out of building
> and selling modules.  Think Lego blocks for computer systems.
> We give people a starter kit and make money after they're
> addicted -- somewhat like the tobacco companies.

I know you like to quip. I'm unsure about that analogy though.
But I am already hooked. Any idea of when?
Meanwhile, the more serious point is that we do need these alternatives and
open source is now a model for gaining market share (perhaps traction is a
better word) that is very difficult to avoid.
On a related point I am looking at the EU budget spending in the 6th
framework where the keyword semantic appears.
I would like to suggest that some project that entails your work could be
founded. Assuming it isn't at present I certainly think it should be!
I am attempting to analyse the figures for 2006 but the are returned in a
most unhelpful format. I will post a few line summary when I have it.