Re: Semantic Layers (Was Interpretation of RDF reification)

From: John F. Sowa <sowa@bestweb.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:21:15 -0800
To: Adrian Walker <adrianw@snet.net>
CC: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, semantic-web@w3.org, Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org>, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, psp@virtualTaos.net, ONTAC-WG General Discussion <ontac-forum@colab.cim3.net>

Adrian,

The point I was making is that until we have
systems that understand natural language, we
shouldn't claim that we have systems that
that understand natural language.

 >> Please let me know when your system can read
 >> _War and Peace_ and summarize the plot.

 > Please let me know when any system can do that.
 > Turing-test standard of course.  (:-)

Yes.  It has to be better than Woody Allen:

    "I once took a course in speed reading.
     I read _War and Peace_ in an hour.
     It was about Russia."

John