Re: Interpretation of RDF reification

Hi Dan --

At 12:48 PM 3/26/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>While I might agree in the abstract, the
>tool and market situation doesn't quite there yet. Well, it depends
>what the problem is. If the problem isn't heavily tied up with
>wide-area data sharing, CL tools might still solve the problem better
>than RDF/OWL ones, even if they're relatively obscure.
>
>I'm entirely comfortable with the idea that CL may turn out to be the next
>great leap forward, but there's got to be work from someone on getting tools
>into the playful and creative hands of ordinary tech developers if that's
>going
>to happen

As you may know, there is a tool out there [1] that anyone with a browser
can use to write and run examples.  However, it's designed more for the
business or scientific analyst to play with than for "ordinary tech
developers".  Now if we could just get the otds to remove their developer
hats for a moment, maybe they would be interested too (:-)

At the developer level though, you may be interested in the blowup that
happens when rules are translated automatically into SQL  [2].  Would the
same thing happen with SPARQL ?

BTW, is there a SPARQL implementation with aggregation (max, min, sum,
avg...) ?

                                           Thanks,  -- Adrian

                               Cheers,   -- Adrian

[1]  Internet Business Logic.  www.reengineeringllc.com