Re: Provenance as a first-class citizen

Except quads being just syntactic sugar to mean  "reification" thus just
adding complexity .. :-)

there is absolutely nothing wrong with reification.
The fact that a reified statement doesnt imply the existence of the
statement itself in the graph is a feature not a bug.
the fact that you should keep your reasoner well behaved when making
inference over reified triples is simply.. normal (the superman thing).

So, unless there are actual reasons (which i'd be happy to hear),  w3c
please keep RDF nice and clean as it is.

On the other hand .. syntactic support for reificaiton *should* instead
be demandded at access level and in particular from the DAWG in SparQL..
since queries are usually written by humans and that would just make a
lots of sense. But last time i asked... :-)
my2c.

Giovanni