Re: iana mime types URI status?

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 18:42:45 +0200
To: semantic-web@w3.org

On Friday 23 June 2006 12:46, Henry Story wrote:
> Every iana mime type has an associated url. So for example text/html
>   is  http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/html

Hmmm, I'm not quite sure of the status of those URIs. Was it ever
formalised? I thought IANAs response was pretty much "errr, are we in
the position to do _that_?" I'd really like to see MIME Types as URIs,
but can I safely?

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer