OWL lite and intersectionOf

From: Stefano David <sdavid@delicias.dia.fi.upm.es>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:55:11 +0200
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Hello,
I have a (perhaps) stupid question, however I can not find out any answer....

I know it is possible to express in OWL Lite that a class can be defined
as the (subclass of) an intersection of two or more other classes (which
is the case I am interested in), but this fact is not reflected in the
OWL Lite abstract syntax. What it is possible to find is the OWL DL axiom :

description ::= classID
            | restriction
            | 'unionOf(' { description } ')'
            | 'intersectionOf(' { description } ')'
            | 'complementOf(' description ')'
            | 'oneOf(' { individualID } ')'

but there is no "description" in any OWL Lite axiom (not at [1], at least).
Hence, there is something I am missing. I tried to figure out what a
possible axiom for generating intersectionOf (in OWL Lite) might be:

super :: = classID | restriction | 'intersectionOf(' class ID { classID
} {restriction}')'

Questions are: am I correct? Or where is the point I am missing?

Thanks for the attention,
Stefano David

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-semantics/

--
Stefano David
Ontology Engineering Group        * http://www.oeg-upm.net/ *

"Do you have an ontology in your application? Pay attention!" --e.