CIFPs [1] complexity?

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:26:41 +0200
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Over a year ago I asked a question about Composite Inverse Functional
Properties and got some excellent responses. The definition has been
up on the ESW wiki [1] for a while.

But we have not yet seen any reasoners incorporate this into their
engines. Of course CIFPs are not declared in any standard document,
but they are very useful, as I have found in my programming
experience. CIFPs do have a very clear and precise definition [2], so
it should not be a problem to at least analyze their logical
properties. Is this really a concept that is so much more complicated
than other OWL relations? What is the complexity of this really? What
restrictions should be imposed to make CIFPs fall into the OWL-DL
category? Would any logicians care to comment? This could be very
helpful to persuade inference engine creators to implement something
of that nature.

sincerely,

	Henry Story

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/CIFP