Re: xlst and rdf/owl

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:50:21 -0400
To: Cl?udio Fernandes <cff@di.uevora.pt>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org

* Cl?udio Fernandes <cff@di.uevora.pt> [2006-06-01 14:36+0100]
> I've been working with xslt lately, great tool. But the question is: can
> I use it to parse rdf/owl? I tried to, but all I get is parsing errors
> from '<rdf:' or '<owl:' tags.
>
> I googled it and didn't find anything useful.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=rdf+xslt+parser
...has some pointers to existing RDF parsers in XSLT. I don't know
which is the most complete. OWL is a layer of abstraction above what
you'll get from these parsers. I would expect to be in a world of pain
if trying to do OWL in XSLT, ...but I guess it's possible :)

For basic parsing of RDF/XML (and hence OWL) into triples, XSLT should
be OK, if perhaps a bit slow in most environments.

Dan