Re: [semanticweb] Ontology of interests

On 7/25/06, Knud Hinnerk Möller <knud.moeller@deri.org> wrote:

> Am 25.07.2006 um 10:23 schrieb Damian Steer:

> Yep, and that's why and additional foaf:topic statement seems to be
> necessary.

How much do you need to say about the topic object other than it
exists? Or maybe -

_:person   foaf:interest _:document .
_:document foaf:topic _:concept .
_:concept rdf:type skos:Concept .

This brings to mind the problem Elias Torres mentions with del.icio.us
(and similar) tags, his case was the tag "queso" at del.icio.us is
used for both "things involving cheese" and "a Semantic Web-enhanced
Atom Protocol server ". Basically the concept the tag stands for is
both of these, and probably a lot more.

But is it necessary to disambiguate up front, can't it be left until
problems are noticed? (How?) Hmm, although the Wikipedia has
disambiguation...er, remind me what the problem was again..?

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://torrez.us/archives/2006/07/21/473/

--