Re: Semantic content negotiation (was Re: expectations of vocabulary)

On 7/24/06, Max Völkel <voelkel@fzi.de> wrote:

> > [I've at least one ulterior motive in wanting to see this discussion
> > evolve further. When I get time I want to play with the idea of
> > "semantic cookies" - put the URI of the agent-user's FOAF profile in a
> > Link: header, server adjusts response appropriately]
>
> This has been presented at the ESWC2006
> http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/Publikationen/showPublikation?publ_id=1201

Thanks Max.

I note that in the paper they use a new header (XFOAF). This was one
of the approaches suggested at [1], but following subsequent (offlist)
discussion the best approach would appear to be to use the Link:
header, especially since Mark Nottingham has recently submitted an
Internet Draft to revive this.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://rdfweb.org/pipermail/rdfweb-dev/2005-August/014119.html