Re: owl:onProperty with enumeration

From: "Hans Teijgeler" <hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl>
Subject: RE: owl:onProperty with enumeration
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:14:46 +0100

> Peter,
>
> Thanks for your response!
>
> When you say: "The syntax here may not be exactly right" then you invite
> my next question: What's wrong with it?

Well, I didn't have access to the appropriate documentation at the time, so I
wasn't exactly sure whether I got all the details correct.

> I *did* create an enumerated class "BlackWhiteRed":
>
> <owl:Class rdf:ID="BlackWhiteRed">
>     <owl:unionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
>         <owl:Class rdf:about="#Black"/>
>         <owl:Class rdf:about="#White"/>
>         <owl:Class rdf:about="#Red"/>
>     </owl:unionOf>
> </owl:Class>
>
> I *did* use that class in a Restriction:
>
> <rdfs:subClassOf>
>     <owl:Restriction>
>         <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#hasColor"/>
>         <owl:someValuesFrom rdf:resource="#BlackWhiteRed"/>
>         <owl:maxCardinality rdf:datatype="
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#nonNegativeInteger
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#nonNegativeInteger>
> ">1</owl:maxCardinality>
>     </owl:Restriction>
> </rdfs:subClassOf>
>
> so where is it "not exactly right"? Please enlighten me.

Well, this indeed may be exactly what you want, except for the repeated
nonNegativeInteger which I expect is not right.  The only (other) differences that I
can see between what you did and what I did was maxCardinality vs cardinality
and your subClassOf.  If you had problems parsing your example, I would suspect
that the subClassOf is the problem.

> Regards,
> Hans

peter