Re: How about?

Hi,
The experimental stuff looks pretty interesting.
In fact vertical searchs are still not very good. The ability for a machine system to listen and then index can be very good.
Hope the same can be done for the pictures since now the search for pictures is done based on title and text surrounding it.

Regards
asankhaya
http://asankhaya.blogspot.com

Jeroen van der Ham <vdham@science.uva.nl> wrote:
William Loughborough wrote:

> I can approach thousands of people and ask "what's the name of the tune
> that goes 'dah-dah-dah-BOOM?'" and they will instantly respond
> "Beethoven's Fifth".
>
> When will our machine indexing, etc. stuff allow me to do that with a
> google-type search and a microphone?

There's some experimental stuff described here:
http://www.cs.uu.nl/centers/give/multimedia/music/index.html

Jeroen.

Yahoo! Photos