Re: IPTC starts testing the News Revolution

Misha Wolf wrote:

> Windsor (United Kingdom), 10 January 2006 -- Sharing and accurately
> describing news will take a giant leap forward this month

> Developed by a consortium of more than 40 of the world's major news
> agencies and news system vendors, NewsML 2 Architecture is based on
> the wildly popular XML markup language.
>
> The basic goal of the NewsML 2 Architecture is to provide a single
> generic model for exchanging all kinds of newsworthy information.

Just what we need, yet another "consortium" of those in hierarchies that
represent the problem rather than the solution. A "single generic model"
and "major news agencies" are ideas that seem more like our enemy than a
worthwhile goal.

This is exactly why "hierarchies/ontologies/'major'" are evil.

Love.