Re: Announcement: Firefox Navibar Extension 0.10

Reto Bachmann-Gmür schrieb:
> Consider something like this:
>
> <SiteMapEntry>
>    <rdfs:label>Flight - Asylum - Integration</rdfs:label>
>    <page rdf:resource="http://www.osar.ch/education" />
>    <children rdf:parseType="Collection">
>       <SiteMapEntry>
>          <rdfs:label>Adults</rdfs:label>
>          <page
> rdf:resource="http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/adults"
> />
>          <children rdf:parseType="Collection">
>             <SiteMapEntry>
>                 <rdfs:label>Pedagogic-Approach</rdfs:label>
>                 <page
> rdf:resource="http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/pedagogic-approach
> " />
>                 <children rdf:parseType="Collection">
>                    <SiteMapEntry>
>                       <rdfs:label>Learning difficulties of
> adults</rdfs:label>
>                       <page rdf:resource="http://example.org/" />
>                    </SiteMapEntry>
>                 </children>
>             </SiteMapEntry>
>          </children>
>       </SiteMapEntry>
>       <SiteMapEntry>
>          <rdfs:label>Youth</rdfs:label>
>          <page
> rdf:resource="http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/youth"
> />
>          <children rdf:parseType="Collection">
>             <SiteMapEntry>
>                 <rdfs:label>Pedagogic-Approach</rdfs:label>
>                 <page
> rdf:resource="http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/pedagogic-approach
> " />
>             </SiteMapEntry>
>          </children>
>       </SiteMapEntry>
>    </children>
> </SiteMapEntry>
>
> In this example only one occurrence of the page has child nodes - I'm
> however not sure this is really needed, isn't "isSuperCategoryOf" more a
> property of a page rather than its SipeMapEntry?

I am not introduced to the need of this example, could you tell me what
should it solve, or better asked, in what matter could users "act" with
a software that is using this example. Is it the way Navibars tree do
it? A simple tree, once all branches are opened by the user, he has a
look at the whole tree hierachy and can choose the webpage he wants. The
tree is presented to the user allways in the same structure until the
source changes. Let me say, the structure of a tree is like a graph
where the rule is, that a node anywhere in the whole graph, can only
have one parent, but more than once children.

During the design phase of the NNS Sitemap i decide to use a simple and
"flat" tree representation only for practical reasons. I also thought of
a navigation tool going a more semantic way. But hey... what damn does
the "semantic way" mean? Today, i think this way is when users ask the
internet a clever question and get a clever answer.

This means practicaly, the navigation tool offers the user a more fluid
structure of the content of a website. A rule is, that the structure of
the view is changable because the users view -- depending on the
question the user asks -- is also changable. If the user is "asking" a
soccer website the question: "worldcup 2006", the structure of the view
of webpages could be:

date
country
   germany
    stadions
     niedersachsen stadion
     awd arena
teams
   germany
   england
   brazil
     players
       ronaldo and friends
   hungaria
games
   2006-07-01
     germany - brazil
     england - hungaria
   2006-07-02
     england- brazil
   2006-07-03
     germany - hungaria
ticket order

if the user would ask the same soccer website the question: "team
germany", the structure of the view could look like:

teamleader
   klinsmann
fincance
   $cash
players
   klinsmanns juniors
games
   2006-03-22
     turkey - germany
   2006-07-03
     germany - hungaria
   2006-07-01
     germany - brazil
stadions
   niedersachsen stadion
   awd arena

the summary is, that the way the content is represented depends on the
ask of the internet user. woohh, this is farfetched... what i only want
to say is, the simple tree is a good beginning of Navibar, but the
possibilies are much more!

markus
--
Markus Siebeneicher