Re: microformats and semantic web?

Danny Ayers wrote:
> re. http://microformats.org
>
> The main idea is roughly tweaking/adding bits of markup to make
> information people are already publishing as (X)HTML more
> machine-readable, e.g. for events, reviews, etc.

It was to this end that a few years ago Sean made a little demo that
would enable authors to begin indexing as they create content
http://www.uwimp.com
Something like this being included in XHTML creating/editing tools would
be a step towards an indexed/annotated web.

We also fooled with EARL to more or less the same end. Its intention was
to make statements about what the created content claimed to
accomplish/conform. Sean began putting this into motion with
http://www.w3.org/2001/03/earl/

Love.