Re: Announcement: Firefox Navibar Extension 0.10

Reto Bachmann-Gmür schrieb:

> I'm wondering if it is possible to support non-tree website structure
> (like the page
> http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/pedagogic-approach
> which is a subcategory both of
> http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/adults,
> http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/youth).

When i understand you right, you wish to use one URL in two different
branches? This works with tree, you can use any resource more than
once in a container/embedded list but you have to take care for recursivity.

> I would in deed like to see standardized ontology for describing the
> structure of web-content, in regards to your current format I agree with
> Jeremy that it would be nice to have the resources being instances of
> something more specific than rdfs:Resource,

I agree with you and Jeremy, the URI "urn:sitemap:root" is not a good
place to start the graph of the Sitemap for Navibar, instead of i favour
to use map:container(or rdfs:class). I will mention this issue on the
next cycle of spec modifications.

> furthermore I don't see the
> need to use urns and to have the http-url as a plain literal (why not
> allow to say more about the dereferenceable resources?)

I think there is a need for URNs, the
http://www.osar.ch/education/flight-asylum-integration/pedagogic-approach
page is the best example for that issue. Imagine you have a URN with te
above URL and you want to place the URL twice in the your Sitemap. If
this URN has children, map:container or map:embedded, they will be
processed twice in the second branch too. For the case you do only want
to the children processed once in the first branch and you need only the
URN without the rat pack of children in the second, you would define a
second URN with the same URL(no children) and use it in the second branch.

Another benefit of URNs are to overhelm recursivity(because of the
children too), although this scenario is realy rare.

markus