Re: xsdb AJAX examples, code, documentation available

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:26:14 +0100
To: semantic_web@googlegroups.com
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

[reply cc'd semantic-web@w3.org - original post below]

Hi Aaron,

The xsdb setup is very interesting, and the Ajax bits cool (naturally ;-)
But on this statement:

"XSDB is to DATA as HTML is to DOCUMENT"

If that is the case, where are the URIs? Sorry if sounds a little
antagonistic, but it seems to me (based on a quick skim of the docs)
that although you've got a flexible, XML-friendly, relational-like
model, like traditional relational DBs it's currently lacking
fine-grained web hooks.

By allowing entities and relationships to be identified with URIs,
xsdb could be a fully (Semantic) Web-friendly system.

I'm only guessing, but I would imagine that the addition of a URI
datatype for 'public' object and attribute names (retaining
string-based IDs for local IDs as needed, i.e. mirroring RDF bnodes)
would be all that is required.

Cheers,
Danny.

--