Re: Wikipedia and Geonames. was: AW: ANN: RDF Book Mashup - Integrating Web 2.0 data sources like Amazon and Google into the Semantic Web

Marc,

On 3 Dec 2006, at 23:04, Marc wrote:
> We are already working on linking wikipedia articles with geonames
> places. See also this thread in October : http://lists.w3.org/
> Archives/Public/semantic-web/2006Oct/0148.html
>
> Now that you are asking for it, I have released today a first
> version, which includes the following wikipedia information about
> Embrun :
>
> <wikipediaArticle>http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrun_%28Hautes-
> Alpes%29</wikipediaArticle>
> <wikipediaArticle>http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrun</
> wikipediaArticle>
> <wikipediaArticle>http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrun</
> wikipediaArticle>
> <wikipediaArticle>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrun%2C_Hautes-
> Alpes</wikipediaArticle>
> <wikipediaArticle>http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrun</
> wikipediaArticle>
> <wikipediaArticle>http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrun</
> wikipediaArticle>
>
> Around 100,000 geonames place names now have wikipedia links.

Very cool. I wonder how you link the articles? Can't be simple word
matching, no?

One detail: You should use the URI syntax, not the literal syntax.
That is, instead of this:

   <wikipediaArticle>http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrun</
wikipediaArticle>

it should look like this:

   <wikipediaArticle rdf:resource="http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Embrun"/>

Just like the other links that are already in the RDF data, e.g.
nearbyFeatures.

Best,
Richard