Re: rdf crystalization

On 31 Aug 2006, at 11:56, Henry Story wrote:
>>       * My XML/RDF QBE syntax
>>         (http://www.idealliance.org/papers/extreme/Proceedings/
>> html/2005/Vlist01/EML2005Vlist01.html) is crystalized.
>>       * My main contribution to the INSEE geographical ontology
>>         (http://rdf.insee.fr/geo/) has been to make sure that it
>>         crystalizes nicely. If you look at one of the instance
>> documents
>>         such as http://rdf.insee.fr/geo/cantons-01-2003.rdf you'll
>> see
>>         that we've done a very good job to keep the "RDF tax" as
>> low as
>>         possible and I plan to write a RELAX NG schema to describe
>> this
>>         serialization.
>
> I have added those two as examples to my blog. But I notice that
> you don't make your terms available via http GET
> for example I can't get http://rdf.insee.fr/geo/canton.
>
> Also I don't think coming up with a new query language is so
> important. The xml people have xquery and the rdf people have
> SPARQL. That's good enough.

You know, it's kind of funny that I should have said that about your
query language. It turns out I just re-invented query by example
myself just a few days ago. I just did not realize I had, and did not
even realize it was related to your paper.

https://sommer.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=126

I'll have to give it a closer look now :-)

Henry

Home page: http://bblfish.net/
Sun Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/
Foaf name: http://bblfish.net/people/henry/card#me