Re: In defence of 404 ...

Le mardi 08 août 2006 à 14:09 -0500, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 19:02 +0200, Bernard Vatant wrote:

> > > Note that what the tabulator will do is follow both seeAlso links
> > > and merge the data from DOC1 and DOC2. That seems consistent
> > > with what you intend: "equally normative".
> > >

> > Yes. But it might happen that the merged data are not consistent,
> > although of course separately DOC1 and DOC2 should be.
>
> That's not what "equally normative" means to me; "equally normative"
> implies consistent, no?

We might have two different issues.

Short term, yes DOC1 and DOC2 will give complementary and consistant
descriptions of the same set of entities.

Longer term, if we want to publish several versions of these data we
will have to figure out how we would like to express all that. Including
rdfs:seeAlso references to different versions of the same data could
lead to include inconsistent descriptions and I think that this is what
Bernard means.

Eric
--
GPG-PGP: 2A528005
Le premier annuaire des apiculteurs 100% XML!