Re: OWL and rdf:List

Steve Harris wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 08:23:43 +0200, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:
>> while I was expecting
>>
>> :a a my:Class ;
>>    my:prop [
>>       a rdf:List ; # ADDED
>>       rdf:first :b ;
>>       rdf:rest [
>>          a rdf:List ; # ADDED
>>          rdf:first :c ;
>>          rdf:rest rdf:nil
>>       ]
>>    ]
>
> rdf:rest has a range and domain of rdf:List
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_rest), so the inferencing engine you
> use will add those triples.

ok, it does (Pellet does at least), but nevertheless classifies the
ontology as OWL-Full, hence the correctness and completeness of the
reasonning is not guaranteed.

However, since Pellet is able to propose additionnal statememnts that
would make it OWL-DL, my intuition is that we are in a still-decidable
subset of OWL-Full... Is this subset theoretically qualified anywhere ?

  pa