Re: XSLT and XPath-like functions in RDF/OWL ?

From: Emmanuel Pietriga <emmanuel.pietriga@inria.fr>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 20:05:05 +0200
To: Hans Teijgeler <hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl>, semantic-web@w3.org

Damian Steer wrote:
> Hans Teijgeler wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>

>>Is there, in the OWL world, something that has a function similar to:
>>
>>-        XSLT
>>
>>-        XPath
>>
>>in the XML world, or is there no need for such functions in OWL at all?

W.r.t XPath for RDF, you might want to take a look at FSL [1]. It
features some basic RDFS/OWL awareness w.r.t class and property
hierarchies. More might come in XPR (an extension of FSL currently being
designed).

We have a full Jena implentation of it, as well as an evaluator built
into IsaViz [2] that highlights path instances matching the FSL
expression in the graph [3] (useful for FSL debugging).

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/04/fresnel-info/fsl/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/11/IsaViz/
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/11/IsaViz/images/fsl1.png

Emmanuel