Re: Introducing Embedded RDF (GRDDL demo media type RFE)

At 02:16 PM 10/24/2005 +0200, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
>Le jeudi 20 octobre 2005 à 14:25 -0500, Dan Connolly a écrit :
>> On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 14:17 +0100, Ian Davis wrote:
>> > If you send application/rdf+xml in the accept header then the service
>> > will now output that in preference. Everyone else gets application/xml
>>
>> Ours should work that way to.
>>
>> Dom, do you know if this is easy to do?
>
>I can (and made it) output the results using application/rdf+xml; I
>can't easily set up the content negotiation aspect.

Alistair Miles recently worked out a hack to do something related to
this with content negotiation -- specifically, teaching Apache to return
either an application/rdf+xml view, a text/html, or a text/xml view
depending on what the request stated in Accept.  (This is in the
context of returning either a human-readable or a machine-
interpretable resource at an RDF namespace URI).

Perhaps Alistair's technique can be adapted to the GRDDL purpose.

See "[VM] content-dependent redirects in apache ... help!" [1]
and "RE: [VM] content-dependent redirects in apache ... help!" [2]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Oct/0017.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Oct/0024.html