RE: Mustangs vs myMustang

Hi Jos and Geoff,

Forgive me my ignorance, but could you please translate:

:FordCompany rdf:type [a owl:Restriction;
                 owl:onProperty :isManufacturerOf;
                 owl:someValuesFrom :Mustangs].

into RDF/XML? As a newcomer RDF/XML is clearer to me than the above code (I
am not one of the seemingly many RDF/XML bashers, probably because it was
the first I learned to use).

Not to seem lazy, I'll give it a try myself:
I first define the class:

    <owl:Class rdf:ID="MustangManufacturer">
        <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="#CarManufacturer"/>
        <owl:Restriction>
            <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#isManufacturerOf" />
            <owl:someValuesFrom rdf:resource="#Mustang" />
        </owl:Restriction>
    </owl:Class>

and then the individual Ford Company that is typed with above anonymous
class:

   <owl:Thing rdf:ID="FordCompany"/>
    <owl:Thing rdf:about="#FordCompany">
        <rdf:type rdf:resource="#MustangManufacturer"/>
    </owl:Thing>

QUESTIONS:
1. is this code correct?
2. Could I, instead of the class MustangManufacturer also define a singleton
class FordCompany? (that wouldn't help in this case, because it is possible
that other companies manufacture Mustangs in licence). The advantage,
however, of defining that singleton would be that I can define everything
about FordCompany at OWL-level, and where necessary cross over to RDF later.
That singleton, if defined at some central server, could avoid using
hundreds of URIs for the same company (we call that a "reference
individual", also defined for geographical objects (e.g. London,UK) )
3. How do you define that a class is a singleton?

Regards,
Hans