Re: Google Base

From: Xavier Noria <fxn@hashref.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:30:12 +0100
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

On Nov 27, 2005, at 9:58, Jeremy Wong 黃泓量 wrote:

> Google Base BETA [1] is available on the Internet. I just wonder
> whether it is a triple store. If it is so, it'll be the largest
> application of the semantic web.

In my opinion it would be an application of the semantic web if:

    * Data aggregation was SW-based, instead of, say,
      screen scrapping-based.

or at least:

    * The built triple store, if there's one, was accessible
      using SW-standards rather than a search web form.

Otherwise formally they may be using a triple store, but in my view
there would be no added value as far as SW is concerned compared to a
regular server-side relational schema.

-- fxn