Re: New Intro Reloaded - New Site: rdfabout.net

Hi Joshua,

Yep, awesome work. I'm sure I must have stuff you can recycle, but
scattered in the archives. I do have an intro link list that may be
useful:
http://dannyayers.com/archives/2005/10/03/semantic-web-starting-points/

One specific thing I couldn't find straightforward docs on was a
compare & contrast between the logic of RDF/OWL, the traditional
(Codd's) relational model and that of object-oriented programming. I
made a start but it turned into a vanilla intro:
http://dannyayers.com/archives/2005/09/04/rdf-bottom-up/

But...

On 11/7/05, Hans Teijgeler <hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl> wrote:

> May I suggest that http://www.rdfabout.net will become a showpiece of what
> you can do with RDF,

Yes indeed. If you could incorporate some kind of simple demo into the
site it would speak lots. The SIMILE kit [1] seems good for this. I've
not played with Semantic Bank yet, but found it straightforward to
produce a nicely navigable 'site' with Longwell, from an RDF/XML file
(actually an RSS dump from my blog).

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://simile.mit.edu/