Re: WordNet in RDF

On Mon, 30 May 2005 16:46:42 +0200, Alvaro Graves <agraves@dcc.uchile.cl>
wrote:

> I would appreciate a lot if you could check  my schema and files of
> wordnet and give me your comments.
>
> The URI is http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~agraves/wordnet/index.html

Hi Alvaro,

I had a look and it seems to look roughly right. It is a lot like SKOS, as
far as I can tell. One thing that would make it easier, and is in my
opinion very good practice in general, is to put rdfs label and comment
notes on your terms, with an xml:lang, so that it is clearer what they are
meant to mean. Guessing from parts of a URI is a bad way to try and do
that.

It might be interesting to do a more detailed comparison with SKOS too,
and if there are terms that are more or less exact matches use them
instead of reinventing them and making us all build OWL processors to use
more than one person's data...

cheers

Chaals

--