Re: An inconsistency or not?

From: Jeremy Wong 媿藑 <50263336@student.cityu.edu.hk>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 03:31:20 +0800
To: 濰團熱 <minsu@etri.re.kr>, semantic-web@w3.org

It is my second reply. Consider the interpretation of the cardinality
restriction..

{x ↑ O | card({y ↑ O↙LV : <x,y> ↑ ER(p)}) = n}

Substitute n = 1, x = Harry, p = hasFather into the interpretation..

{Harry ↑ O | card({y ↑ O↙LV : <Harry,y> ↑ ER(hasFather)}) = 1}

Then..

{y ↑ {S(John),S(Johnny)} | card({John ↑ O↙LV : <Harry,y> ↑
ER(hasFather)}) = 2 <> 1}

Therefore the restriction (class axiom?), restriction(hasFather
cardinality(1)), is not satisified. Hence the collection of axioms is not
consistent.

Jeremy