Re: SemWeb Non-Starter -- Distributed URI Discovery

From: Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@appmosphere.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:29:27 +0100
To: Stephen Rhoads <rhoadsnyc@mac.com>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org

On 18.03.2005 21:11:54, Stephen Rhoads wrote:
>This discussion is about how to query the
>minter/owner/authority of a URI for a description of that URI.

Hi Stephen,

you may want to try querying the swig/rdfig archives[1].
this is a permathread with a handful of competing /
complementary approaches, but no standard. searching
for "header mget ddds" could be a good starting point.
(A newer option is SPARQL, although I don't think there
is already a proposal for service discovery.) However,
each approach could handle both hash and slash uris,
deciding on a URI generating pattern is orthogonal to
the problem of resource description discovery for a
given URI.

regards,
benjamin

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/