Re: Handling plurals

On Mar 13, 2005, at 5:16 AM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> If it's just the relationship between the words you're after, Morten
> has a vocab for dealing with the label aspect:
> http://www.wasab.dk/morten/2004/03/label
>
> I got the link from Schemaweb:
> http://www.schemaweb.info/

Cool -- thanks!

> I would imagine that if you wanted to go deeper into the modelling it
> could get tricky fast. Don't know, but I expect there are quite a few
> papers around on the general subject. I wonder if you could say the
> class People subclass of Person but with property members
> cardinality>1..?

I'm not sure... It won't make any difference to qbot, likn's chatbot,
because it's not a real RDF inference engine -- it just looks for a
hard-coded "singular/plural" relationship, and is hard-coded to know
what to do. I guess what's at issue is how the community would want to
see this expressed in code likn outputs. More useful as a refinement of
"label," or as a more explicit relationship?

- ben