Re: Style question

From: ben syverson <w3@likn.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 06:21:21 -0600
To: semantic-web@w3.org

On Mar 8, 2005, at 4:00 AM, Kirkham, Pete (UK) wrote:

> You may well not like it, but you could make a UUID from the SHA hash
> of your nodes' names and use that (prepending 'u' or something to make
> it a legal xml name)

True, but this gets even further away from human readability, which I
think is an important design goal of both XML and RDF-XML. Having
"real" names is better for debugging, better for the users, and better
for RDF as a whole. I think Tim Bray is right about "View Source" --
it's definitely how I began to figure out HTML.

- ben