Fw: Jastor questions

---------------------- Forwarded by Benjamin H Szekely/Cambridge/IBM on
06/09/2005 04:12 PM ---------------------------
To:     giovanni@wup.it
cc:
From:   Benjamin H Szekely/Cambridge/IBM@IBMUS
Subject:        Jastor questions

Hi Giovani,
        I believe you can do what you need by using a "Custom Thing
Implementation." Basically,  Jastor allows you to define a custom Thing
interface,implemenation and factory that all your generated code extends.
As an example, checkout module  "com.ibm.adtech.jastor.test" from CVS and
have a look at the package com.ibm.adtech.jastor.customthing.test.  There
are examples of defining custom base classes and generating code using
them.  Let me know if this is sufficient for your needs.

 - Ben

Questions, can i add my own methods to the generated classes? iif so,
can i  have some form of multiple inheritance on the added methodss
if so do i keep my added methods somehow if i change the ontology (is
there some form of 2 way?)
if not so, are these features which you forsee as addable and what's
your take on their utility? (that is, am i asking for something that
your experience shows completely unecessary? i'd think not i'd like to
add a "to string" methods to the generated classes for examples)