Re: RDF document?

> > Jeremy Wong wrote:
> > Thanks for the correction of the term "document". It is an
> > important concept of RDF.
> >
> > Consider the property foaf:workplaceHomepage [1], the domain of this
> > property is the class foaf:Document. Let's see the example..
> >
> > <foaf:Person>
> >  <foaf:name>Dan Brickley</foaf:name>
> >  <foaf:workplaceHomepage rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/"/>
> > </foaf:Person>
> >
> > I always think that this example is misleading. I would prefer to put the
> > above example in the following way..
> >
> > <foaf:Person>
> >   <foaf:name>Dan Brickley</foaf:name>
> >   <foaf:workplaceHomepage
> >     rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#anyURI"
> >     >http://www.w3.org/</foaf:workplaceHomepage>
> </foaf:Person>
>
> Dan:
> To be clear, there really is nothing wrong with that FOAF example.
> It is compatible with the FOAF spec, the RDF semantics, RDFS and
> RDF/XML syntax.

I agree; they are just different ways of representing the same information with
different tradeoffs and strengths.  Like using multiple properties vs. a
rdf:bag.

One question I have:  Would using rdf:resource be slightly better in the above
foaf example since foaf:workplaceHomepage links to the homepage of the user
rather than the identifier of the hompage of the user?  That is, the string
<http://www.w3.org/> is not the hompage of Dan Brickley, the resource
idenfified by (and in this case deferenced by) <http://www.w3.org/> is.

--
Jimmy Cerra