SWIG Meeting - RDF Content Labels

From: Phil Archer <phil.archer@icra.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:57:05 -0000
To: <semantic-web@w3.org>

Dear all,

As Dan Brickley was kind enough to highlight in his e-mail to this list on
7th Feb, one of the topics for next week's meeting is the work he, I and
others have been doing on using RDF for PICS-like content labelling. That
is - creating a single description that can be applied to multiple
resources. ICRA's use case is labelling for child protection but there are
others, notably trust marks/quality labels and the like. We're looking for

Noboru Shimuzu and others at IA Japan and Keio University have been working
on the same issues.

Jose Kahan's talk on RDF-Sig is going to be very relevant to this as we're
already talking about how to sign those descriptions. Plus, we should have a
use case for Sandro's forthcoming workshop on rule languages.

Documentation on our proposals for what we call RDF Content Labels can be
seen at http://www.w3.org/2004/12/q/doc/rdf-contentlabels.html NB. As stated
on that document, although this is hosted on w3.org, for the time being at
least, this is not part of any official W3C Activity. More
general/background information to put the work into context can be seen at

See you in Boston.

Phil Archer
Internet Content Rating Association
Label your site today at http://www.icra.org