RE: Vocabulary for System Interactions

Conrad,

Actually, there's a community in this domain working on standards that
combine Architecture Frameworks (e.g. US DoDAF), UML-based diagramming
techniques (OMG's SysML) and ISO data exchange standards (ISO STEP AP233
Systems Engineering) for integration with other approaches. An ontology
supporting this work is on our roadmap.

See http://www.exff.org/papers.html where you can find a presentation called

"Using Systems Engineering Data Standards with DoDAF" (warning it's 4MB) to
get the general idea.

I can send you more information if it's of interest. DoDAF System View 1 and
2 sound like a good place for you to start. I'll send an example diagram
separately.

Cheers,

David