Re: Developers Guide to Semantic Web Toolkits for different Programming Languages

Well, different *dialects* of Lisp are generally incompatible. Perhaps you
are referring to using different Common Lisp *implementations* (and *closely
related* -- but now mostly obsolete -- dialects such as Symbolics Lisp,
etc.), between which there are only minor incompatibilities (often having
something to do with the OS interface, threads, and like -- the stuff that
the X3J13 committee didn't standardize).

The currently prevailing dialects of Lisp (Common Lisp & Scheme) do not even
share the same syntax.

Since -- what I understand to be -- the intention of the report is to be a
*practical* overview of existing Semantic Web toolkits, it makes a lot of
sense to say "Common Lisp", since finding a Scheme-based toolkit will not
help -- at all -- if it is Common Lisp that you want.

    - Ora