Re: How will the semantic web emerge - OO languages

That is not such a big difference with OO computer languages really.
In java if you know the type of something you may call the method,
but the method may return null which is very similar. I have been
working with such a system very happily for a year now, and have
described an improvement [1] on my blog. Think of java beans as
objects with relations.

I don't know what you mean about it being "impossible" to claim that
an entity does not have the right rdf type. In OWL you can specify
that two classes are mutually exclusive. If you do, then you will
know that if  you find something out there on the web that states
that something belongs to both those sets, then you have a
contradiction. Furthermore from the fact that a method is applied to
an object you can deduce the type. So from

[ foaf:firstName "Henry"].

you can deduce

[ foaf:firstName "Henry";
   rdf:type foaf:Person ].