Re: How will the semantic web emerge

Hi,

Well - are you sure we need to stop people from creating ontologies?  As long
as a few "proper" ones are defined - and in fact doesn't need to be proper,
there can be multiple ontologies with different types of control, the best
ones will become most popular - then let people make their own and declare
parts of theirs synonymous with the proper ones.

Language is very powerful because you put a short word onto a complex concept.

Ontologies are good ways of precisely defining complex concepts.

Add ability to let people name exact concepts with short names, or connect
with folksonomies, and you allow 'mom and pop' to have access to power of
semantic web.

Ok, I guess I said this before and I'll stop beating the horse.  But I really
think that mappings between different ontologies and folksonomies are the key
to making the semantic web usable by different groups of people.

--Golda