Re: Re: How will the semantic web emerge

From: Dorai Thodla <dorait@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:38:53 -0800 (PST)
To: Asankhaya Sharma <asankhaya@yahoo.com>, semantic-web@w3.org

Imagine that you get better ranking in search engines when you tag
content with RDF. That will be a big incentive for people to
semantically mark up content. There are already vertical search engines
which do a better job than Google or Yahoo by using more contextual
information.

Here are several different directions from which we can see the growth.

- Microformats and Micromodels
- Web Design Tools automatically embedding RDF in Content
- Search engines taking advantage of semantic markup to provide better
results
- New applications
- More content generation from RDF aware tools

There may be a lot of "missing nothings" I cannot imagine today.

-- Dorai